Thursday 17 October 2013

Day Forty Nine

Well we can't hide everything behind a closed door now.  It's all gone.


We did have some fun and games today though.  Just when we thought everything had been going so smoothly....a nail went through a pipe !

No sooner had the old airing cupboard been ripped down a new one was being built.
Unfortunately those pipes (above) took a right turn exactly where the side of the frame was going.  They are only about 2mm below the floorboards and luckily the builder heard the hissing sound and stopped to investigate before it got messy. 

It could have been much worse though.  Had he set his circular saw just 2mm deeper he would have cut through 6 pipes when taking out the floor panel !  So the new airing cupboard will have to wait until tomorrow now.

I also got my hands dirty yet again and ended up chasing birds !

While washing the plaster off the purlins at lunchtime I heard a noise coming from the ceiling.  As I was looking up at the holes that had been cut for the new lights I saw a beak pop through.  Those damn starlings again.

Having blocked off the hole they had previously used I have no idea how it got in.  More to the point, how it got right in above the new ceiling in the loft.  Anyway, I couldn't find any more holes but didn't have much time to check properly.  My main concern now was how to get it out.

Not long after that, Nikki arrived home.  We went up to the loft and I was about to tell her about the starling as we walked into the room.  But before I could say anything Nikki spots the bird throwing itself at the window trying to get out.  It nearly knocked itself out flying into the velux but it eventually found the open window.

Roll on tomorrow...Day Fifty. 








No comments:

Post a Comment